In January, the 6th grade students are beginning the Bridges Class. This class is co-taught with Gabrielle and Megan (a Pre-Walkabout Advisor). This class is designed to prepare students for their transition into the JCOS Secondary Program. We have some requirements for this passage that need to be taken seriously. There are some absolutes that need to be accomplished. Here is a list of some of these requirements:
- 6th Grade Final Voyage SDL (and all required components)
- Winter Trip (February 6-8, 2013)
- Completion of all IA classes (including Arts and Gym)
- Participation in area activities and Community Service (meetings, Munchie, advising, etc.)
- Completing quality class work (assignments, projects, presentation, etc.)
Our hope is that students understand their personal responsibilities associated with completion of the JCOS Elementary program. As always, we believe that communication is at the heart of creating a successful program. If you or your child has any concerns with these requirments, please contact Gabrielle.
We will have a MANDATORY Information and Trip Meeting night on Wednesday, January 23 at 5:30pm in Gabrielle's room.