6th Grade Newsletter
May 10, 2013
Have you heard about out Personal Finance Math Unit? It has been an amazing opportunity for collaborative groups to work on managing one identity’s economic choices from the age of 18 to retirement at 65. Today your child had to write out checks for insurance, gas and car maintenance, and make a payment for their auto loan (unless they paid for their first car out of their savings account, and many of them did). Students have been rolling the dice to determine if their car has an accident (do they need to pay their insurance deductable?) and what they paid for entertainment that month. Their $866 paycheck is equal to a month’s pay at minimum wage. Every day has new developments and choices and it is fascinating to watch the process unfold. Please ask your child to tell you more about what he/she is learning!
• Wednesday, May 15 Early Release @ 1:00
• May 16-23 Scheduled SDL Presentations
• Friday, May 24
• Class Completion Celebration at Boondocks. Parents are encouraged and welcome to join us (Plus, we need drivers!). No one will be excluded from participating in this event due to financial hardship. Many parents have very generously donated additional money for a Boondocks’ Scholarship Fund and I am using money for the Earth Rock Sale to make up some of the difference.
• Monday, May 27 No School
• Tuesday, May 28 Continuation at 6:00 PM. Please bring in your $5 as soon as possible.
• Wednesday, May 29 All School Picnic
• Balloon Ceremony May 30 at 10:30. Early Release @ 1:00
• May 29 All School Picnic
• May 30 Last Day of School! 10:00 AM Balloon Ceremony
The best way to reach me is by email. You can get a link to me through the school’s website or write to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ► 2016 (101)
- ► 2015 (148)
- ► 2014 (74)
- The balloon ceremony!
- All School Picnic
- A special THANK YOU to our ROOM MOTHERS for the wo...
- Pre-Continuation Reading Material
- Thursday's SDL Presentations.
- Wednesday's SDL Presentations
- More SDL photos!
- Monday's SDL Presentation
- Friday's SDL Presentations
- End of the Year Picnic news from Rosie and Luke
- Today's SDL Presentations
- A link from Pam Dechant about Continuation
- Important Upcoming Dates
- Almost there!
- One Week Until SDL Final Drafts are DUE!
- Field Day Friday and...
- ▼ May (19)
- ► 2012 (53)
- ► 2011 (27)
- ► 2009 (40)