As we are getting into the SDL process, it is often helpful for students to bring in their own laptops for work time. This has been very successful in the past if the students rigorously follow these guidelines:
1. Ask before using the laptop/ipad/kindle as there are only specific times and dates they are permitted.
2. Classroom and library use only (no field trips out to the playground).
3. 100% appropriate use only, even one trip to visit Minecraft, Farmville, YouTube (for example) results in the immediate removal of the device and privileges taken away.
4. No sharing of equipment.
5. The student is responsible for the safety of their device at school and in transport.
6. Students may not access other student's work unless they have been invited to do so, even if they have been give the password.
7. Students may not give their password out to their friends.
8. Rules may be added if situations arise. Thank you for reading to the end of the list.
- ► 2016 (101)
- Pickles and Pencils!
- We need MAGAZINES!
- A continuation message from Angie den Hartog.
- Our brave 6th graders promoted our p&p sale in the...
- Our in-house graphic artists made a poster for our...
- We have some fabulous writers! Let's see if we ha...
- Pickles and Pencils, only $1 each!When: After sch...
- Final Conference Times! Please email me if you won...
- A Note from Melody re: Conferences
- Our SDL topics. Can you be a consultant?
- Out of Five Book Review (FINAL DRAFT) is due on T...
- Is it okay to bring a laptop to school? Absolutely...
- Conference Times Below.
- Film Makers!
- A Thank You from Rosie and Sam.
- Conferences are approaching!
- Community Service!
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2014 (74)
- ► 2013 (94)
- ► 2012 (53)
- ► 2011 (27)
- ► 2009 (40)