March 15, 2013
With the exception of a few make-up tests, we are done with TCAP 2013! Now we are able to return our focus to developing into prepared pre-walkabout students. Students should be working on their SDL/Voyage projects at home every week. PLAID (Personal Learning and Independent Discovery) time will continue to be offered on Wednesdays, and many students are utilizing this time in creative and productive ways. Thanks to all the family, friends, neighbors, consultants, and experts who have donated their time and thoughts to assist in this process. We could not do it without you.
The sign-up sheet for Spring Conferences is going home today. Please have your child return this form on Monday with your first, second, and third time slots noted. Slots will be assigned on a first come- first served basis.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
- Friday, March 22 Early Release @ 1:00
- March 25-April 1 Spring Break. Students return on April 2.
- April 11 JCOS Education Expo (Students will be presenting their progress on their SDL)
- April 24 Rough DRAFT of SDL presentation and documentation due and Early Release @ 1:00
- April 25-26 Conferences (Sign up times went home on Friday.)
- May 10 SDL Projects FINAL DRAFT DUE
- Wednesday, May 15 Early Release @ 1:00
- May 16-23 Scheduled SDL Presentations
- Friday, May 24 Class Completion Celebration
- Monday, May 27 No School
- Tuesday, May 28 All School Picnic and Continuation
- May 29 Last Day of School!