JCOS 6th Grade Newsletter
April 19, 2013
Voyage Presentation Schedule:
Thursday, May 16
9:00-9:20 Ryan- Solar Energy
9:20-9:40 Lilyana- Volcanos
9:40-10:00 Sophie- Chiropractic Medicine
10:20-10:40 Josh- Boxing
10:40-11:00 Noah- Graphic Design
Friday, May 17
9:20-9:40 Dalani- Mozart
9:40-10:00 Cole- Cooking
10:40-11:00 Maple- Rock Climbing
Monday, May 20
9:40-10:00 Roxanne- Gymnastic
10:20-10:4 0 Christian- Graphic Design
Tuesday, May 21
9:00-9:20 Aidin- Archery
9:20-9:40 Antares- Greek Mythology
9:40-10:00 Bryce- Skateboarding
10:20-10:40 Tim- Scuba Diving
10:40-11:00 Ethan- Weapon Safety and Law
Wednesday, May 22
9:00-9:20 Makaila- Geology
9:20-9:40 Gianna- Hairstyling
9:40-10:00 Sequoya- Kick Boxing
10:20-10:40 Tsige- Sign Language
10:40-11:00 Brianna- Horse Ownership
Thursday, May 23
9:00-9:20 Cooper- Photography
9:20-9:40 Colin- Model Rocketry
9:40-10:00 Nadia- Veterinarian Studies
10:20-10:40 Mia- The Bowed Psaltery
10:40-11:00 Erin- Mason Jar Cooking
I am collecting money and drivers for our Boondocks Celebration Field Trip. Please give what you can, when you can.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
• April 24 Rough DRAFT of SDL 5 paragraph essay, presentation, and documentation (work cited) due and Early Release @ 1:00
• April 25-26 Student Led Conferences. Do you want to know who your advisor will be for next year?
• May 1 Downtown Denver Day. Students who need additional work time on their SDL Voyage need to stay at school for an all-day work session. Parents will be running this event, so please contact me if you are interested!
• May 10 SDL Projects FINAL DRAFT DUE
• Wednesday, May 15 Early Release @ 1:00
• May 16-23 Scheduled SDL Presentations
• Friday, May 24 Class Completion Celebration at Boondocks. Parents are encouraged and welcome to join us (Plus, we need drivers!).
• Monday, May 27 No School
• Tuesday, May 28 Continuation (All School Picnic rescheduled to Wednesday, May 29)
• Due to the snow day, the last day for students is now Thursday, May 30th, so the All School Picnic from Tuesday, May 28th to Wednesday, May 29th and the Balloon Ceremony is not on May 30.
• May 29 All School Picnic
• May 30 Last Day of School! 10:00 AM Balloon Ceremony
The best way to reach me is by email. You can get a link to me through the school’s website or write to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.